- First openly gay RAF Pilot
- Emotional Intelligence & Empathy Speaker
- Stress & Workplace Performance
Matt is an Ex U.K Royal Air Force VIP Training Captain, responsible for transporting Her Majesty the Queen, Members of the British Royal Family, the Prime Minister and Cabinet Ministers Worldwide.
Matt talks candidly about being one of the first openly gay pilots in the UK Armed Forces. He talks about his journey of having a childhood dream to fly, almost crushed by a ban on gay serving personnel in the Forces.
Matt describes how he consciously suppressed his sexuality and joined an organisation knowing that being 'out' could have resulted in a possible prison sentence (The Armed Forces Act).
His story is one of self-motivation, determination, and drive. Matt fulfilled a boyhood dream and qualified as a Hawk fast jet pilot however soon after, high workload, geographical isolation and operating in a non-inclusive culture, resulted in a catastrophic mistake at work.
Matt draws on his knowledge of human performance factors and psychology to self-analyse the impact of mental health and stress on his performance at work and wellbeing.
This is not just another 'coming out story', instead Matt uses his experience to discuss how the RAF positively adapted its culture from one of open hostility towards gay personnel, to acceptance and support.
- LGBTQ +
- Mental Health
- Resilience - How to weather the storm
- Stress and Workplace Performance
- How to be an Inclusive Leader
- Trust - Building and Maintaining
- The Importance of Allies
- Culture / Transformational Change
- Goal Setting, Focus and Drive
- Emotional Intelligence and Empathy
- Workplace Banter - the Pros and Cons
If you are interested in booking Matt Lindley for your event or conference, please contact a Prime Performers Booking Agent on 020 3500 3331 to discuss your requirements.